July 28 2018: “…one gallon of tears…” for flute and clarinet at Heights Arts in Cleveland, OH
June 15 2018: “…one gallon of tears…” for flute and clarinet at Appletree Book in Cleveland, OH
For the preview of the concert, please visit:
For the version for two flutes please visit:
May 30 2018: “…sfumato…” (premiere) for Vive! ensemble at Urban Artifact in Cincinnati, OH
May 31 2018: “…sfumato…” Vive! ensemble at Nashville State Community College
June 2 2018: “…sfumato…” Vive! ensemble at Farr Best Theatre in Dallas, TX
4/14 – “…as far as the eye can see” (premiere) for baritone saxophone solo by Justin Massey at the FALBO Theatre at West Virginia University
4/16 – “One Gallon of Tears” (premiere) for two flutes by Yeji Oh and Cris Dohler at the TEMPO New Music Ensemble series at the Clarice, University of Maryland College Park
“…time was not passing…it was turning in a circle…” for alto saxophone and drum set will be toured by Altered Sound Duo (Chris Murphy, saxophone and Nick Fox, drum set)
Franklin College 1.31.2018
Northern Illinois University 2.1.2018
University of Wisconsin – Whitewater 2.2.2018
Western Illinois University 2.3.2018
Illinois Wesleyan University 2.5.2018
Danville Area Community College 2.6.2018
Ohio Northern University 2.9.2018
Bluffton University 2.10.2018
“…time was not passing…it was turning in a circle…” for alto saxophone and drum set will be toured by Patchwork (Noa Even, saxophone and Stephen Klunk, drum set)
Otterbein University 2.4.2018
- “Pipa” for piano left hand will be premiered by Stephanie Chan in San Francisco the end of year 2013. More information will be updated!
- “Longevity” for soprano saxophone solo will be premiered by Masanori Oishi at Nogata Kumin Hall in Tokyo on December 23rd. All pieces in this concert are inspired by Mount Fuji. This event is sponsored by Mt. Fuji Museum Hagoromo, Hotel and Miho Syogai Gakusyu Exchange Hall.
- “Snowflakes” for orchestra will be read by Toledo Symphony Orchestra on November 5th at Kobacker Hall at Bowling Green State University.
- “Wind in Abyss” for fixed media is chosen to be played at Electroacoustic Barn Dance (Novermber 7th to 9th) at University of Mary Washington.
- “…the clock is ticking…” will be performed by Freya String Quartet on October 11th & 13 at First United Methodist Church in Pittsburgh, PA.
- “Conversations of Owl, Nightingale and Lark” for flute/piccolo and soprano was performed at Asian Composers League Festival and Conference (September 20th to 23rd) in Singapore.
- “Poem Recitation” was performed by Hong-Da Chin at Bryan Recital Hall at Bowling Green State University on September 12th.
- “Snowflake” for dancer and piano trio was premiered at Levine Properties by dancer Caroline Calouche during Charlotte New Music Festival 2013 on June 29th.
- “…the clock is ticking…” was premiered by Freya String Quartet on June 27th at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church during Charlotte New Music Festival 2013 on June 29th.
- “Poem Recitation” was performed by Hong-Da Chin at Petra’s Piano Bar during Charlotte New Music Festival 2013 on June 21st.
- “Conversations between Wind and Water” was performed by Orlando Cela at the Grace during Charlotte New Music Festival 2013 on June 18th.
- “Rhythmic Storytelling” for piano trio was premiered by the Genevan Trio (violin: Fernando Martins, Cello: Kathryn Jane York, Piano: Belle James) during Chamber Music Institute 2013 on June 14th.
- Conversations of Nightingale and Lark for piccolo solo is selected as one of the pieces for The Flutist’s Field Guide to Birds, Insects and Flowers of the World, a commissioning project by Nina Assimakopoulos and performances of the piece will be supported throughout the 2012 – 2013 season. More information will be updated!
- Longing for Home for flute and piano will be performed at 10th Annual Festival of Contemporary Music organized by New Music Forum on August 18th 2012 at Community Music Center, San Francisco
- Impression for alto saxophone, tenor saxophone and piano will be performed by Trio Bel Canto in three concerts:
June 22nd 2012 – Transylvania University, Governor School of the Arts students;
June 23rd 2012 – Loretto Motherhouse;
June 24th 2012 – Thomas Jefferson Unitarian Church.
- Invited as a guest dizi (Chinese bamboo flute) player at “A Tribute to Zhou Long,” organized by Sunway Universal Foundation, Inc. performing Zhou Long’s Green on August 3rd 2012 at MGM Grand Conference Center, Las Vegas
- Invited as a guest dizi (Chinese bamboo flute) player at Lincoln Center Festival playing Guo Wenjing’s chamber opera Feng Yi Ting at Gerald W. Lynch Theater at John Jay College, New York on July 26th, 27th and 28th 2012
- Invited as a guest dizi (Chinese bamboo flute) player at Spoleto USA Festival playing Guo Wenjing’s chamber opera Feng Yi Ting at Dock Street Theatre, Charleston SC on May 27th, 29th and June 1st, 4th and 7th 2012
- Dizi solo Poem Recitation was premiered by Hong-Da Chin at Spoleto USA Festival on June 5th 2012 at Cathedral of St. Luke and St. Paul, Charleston SC
- Invited to play Limpid Eyes Image By Liu Hao at Migratory Journeys World Premiere Concert at Fullerton Hall at the Art Institute of Chicago organized by the Chinese Fine Arts Society on March 16th 2012
- Featured as a flute soloist in a recital called “Whisper on the Wind”, the debut recital organized by The Society of Malaysian Contemporary Music on August 2010